Jun 4, 2009

All Packed and Ready to Go!

I literally just got finished packing my bag and getting last minute things, but now I am READY! This is my luggage:
I was really really worried that it was too much, but yesterday, my professor called and reminded me that it was a "2 bag limit, each one can weigh up to 54 pounds.  Some other kids on the trip have to pay the fee for going over the limit" WOW... why do you need that much stuff for a month? Maybe they, too, are going traveling afterwards, so I will not pass judgment.  But it did give me great relief, because my one bag weighs about 48-50 pounds depending on which scale I believe (I used two in order to make sure).  I still feel like that's excessive, and I even downsized by like 2 articles of clothing (I know, I sacrifice so much), but it'll be fine. 

Well, I am heading out the door in about 15 minutes to go to the airport, so I won't get to post for a couple days.  Wish me luck, and let's pray that everyone's predictions that I would end up being another victim of the guys in the fictional film "Taken" don't come anywhere close to happening.  

Peace and Love,
Harley Kat

3 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!!

harley kat ricks said...

I definitely will! probably more than you want to see, haha! I can be trigger happy.

Smith Family said...

You must be on the road/plane/train now. Ah. Enjoy travel when you only have to worry about you. SO much more enjoyable. I am so excited to hear about what you are studying and seeing and how you make connections between the two. Enjoy!