Jun 14, 2009

Bliss

Usually when my life is crazy busy, it's in a bad way, and some aspect of my life is falling by the wayside. But here my life is hectic, and I love it! I love going to bed at 4 in the morning, and waking up at 7:30 because it means I am living life! This city is alive 24/7, and I don't want to miss a moment of it. (Mom, don't worry, I am still doing my HW).

So I left off with the Lennon Wall, I believe, which brings me to the following Sunday (last week, YIKES!).  So when I was planning my trip over here, I was looking into the local ward and where they met and all of that, and I was doing all of this assuming I was going to be the only LDS student on the trip.  Well! It just so happens that there is an RM in our group and he went to church with me! I was so relieved, because it meant I wasn't going to be the only one not drinking, haha.  Not to mention the fact that I was worried nobody was going to speak English. Well we figured out which Metro we needed to take and where the building was and we booked it to get there on time, and when we got to the final station, we saw a group of missionaries and pretty much followed them to the building.  


When we got inside, I was handed a translator (which noticeably relaxed me), and then we went to sit down in the Chapel, and it was packed.  Sardined wall to wall, and smiling the whole time.  So Stetson (the RM) and I had to sit separate from each other for the first few mins, but he couldn't stay away from me (Mostly because I had the only translator for the two of us, but that's just a minor detail).  I had completely forgotten that it was Fast Sunday (I blame the Jet Lag), so I got even more excited for the meeting! There were about 4 new members confirmed that day, and I have never felt the spirit so strongly.  The testimonies (though partially lost in translation) were completely heart felt and there were literally tears in my eyes through half of them.  Afterwards, I had such a strong feeling that I should serve a mission.  I've felt it before, but it's just been something that I say in theory.  This feeling was different, like I needed to do it.  I know that beggars can't be choosers, but wouldn't it be RAD if I got called to Prague? Haha, a girl can dream.  Honestly, I would be happy anywhere.  On our way out we snagged a couple BOMs in Czech, which is, so far, my favorite souvenir, and I was thinking I should just devote a whole weekend to "pulling a Groberg" and learning Czech, haha.

Sister Ricks

So that was a nice, spiritual morning, which led to a freaking painful afternoon because the shoes I was wearing were not authorized for extended use, so hello blisters up the wazoo! That night we went to this 5 story club by the Charles Bridge and it was lame at first because nobody was there, but a couple hours later, the club was hoppin', and we were at the epicenter.  Afterwards, the Metro was closed so we had to catch a tram home and we totally got lost. Lost in Prague at 3 in the morning! What fun! 

Some of the crew on the Dance Floor

I signed one of the walls

Prague at 3 am 
Waiting for the Tram in the Cold

Anyways, sorry this is so rushed! I will have more soon, I promise!

Peace and Love,
Harley Kat

4 comments:

Corps of Discovery. said...

Everything sounds so incredible. I'm glad that you are loving it. You would be a great missionary.
Dev & family

RicksAustins said...

Czech your email!!! I love you!!!

Smith Family said...

Oh Sister Ricks. That is one of my favorite things about "being abroad". Going to church and feeling that amazing dedication from people whose language you can't even understand always leaves a lasting impression.

PS> I just saw TAKEN and I am totally freaked out. BE CAREFUL!

LOVE YOU.

harley kat ricks said...

haha, you are like the hundredth person to warn me about that movie! I promise I will be super careful. I don't take any chances :)
I was hoping to be able to go to church every weekend, but we're traveling on the rest of the Sundays, so that's kind of unfortunate.

LOVE YOU TOO!